- Prices between £1449 - £1499
- 4 days
4 breakfasts, 3 dinners, including local wine
3 nights’ accommodation in twin room traditional posadas
All activities included with local Flash Pack guide and Vespa insurance
Max 14 Flashpackers
Airport pickup at 12pm on Day 1, Vespa 125 CC scooter rental, back-up vehicle
Posada de San Millán, Sepúlveda
Small family-owned hotel near the Duratón Canyon Nature Reserve
A Flashpacker favourite, this unique heritage hotel boasts a Romanesque façade that gives way to a glorious 15th-century courtyard
Why we stay here
Everything about this place spells a homely, happy experience. We love the old wooden walkways and the off-radar restaurants of Sepúlveda are on your doorstep
Hosteria del Arco, Pedraza
Quaint hotel in the campo near the Guadarrama mountains
Tucked away in the medieval town of Pedraza, this charming house only has 10 rooms, some with balconies overlooking the square, and gardens that connect to a very good restaurant next door.
Why we stay here
The homely feel thanks to its embroidered soft furnishings, relaxed breakfasts (so many pastries!) and staff who welcome you as if you’re an old friend.
The Flash Pack Promise
Here at Flash Pack, we’re committed to unique adventures that deliver great value for money. We pack our trips with epic experiences (unlike other companies, all activities are included), hand-pick stylish hotels and match you with like-minded people.
Your first flavour of Vespa life
Touch down in Madrid, where you’ll meet your guide and fellow Flashpackers before hopping into a private car for the hour-and-a-half journey to Tamajón. Within easy reach of the capital, this is nevertheless a very remote region, with picturesque hilltop towns known only to a handful of Spanish visitors. Tuck into your first taste of Guadalajara cuisine in a local restaurant before meeting your new retro companion: a 125cc automatic Vespa. Your bilingual tutor will go through a safety briefing and teach you how to drive a Vespa, so you’ll soon be zipping down quiet country roads on your cult classic bike. In the unlikely event that you struggle, fear not – you can always ride pillion. Now you’ve got your Vespa vibes in hand, we’ll take a sunset spin to a nearby town. Refuel over dinner with a smooth glass of Rioja, before settling into your traditional Spanish abode for the night.Read more
Sunflower fields and medieval villages
You’ll be feeling like a Vespa pro by now, so today heralds a 115-kilometre trip with spectacular countryside scenery. With the help of your speedy Vespa, you’ll be slaloming through thick beech forests, past rivers and jagged peaks as we work our way towards the medieval town of Riaza, passing the stunning Sierra Mountains. We’ll then rev west in search of Castilla’s sunflower-strewn plains and wind our way through the typical ‘pueblos rojos’ (red villages) en route to Sepúlveda. This charming hilltop town is bursting with golden fields and striking canyons, and its medieval core features Romanesque architecture and cobbled streets. You’ve earned a break, so we’re pitching up at Sepúlveda for the evening and spoiling you with another traditional Spanish dinner, followed by a night at one of our all-time favourite hotels. The family-run Posada de San Millán is a small Romanesque villa with an ancient courtyard and rooms that drip with atmosphere. You’re welcome…Read more
Ride the road less-travelled
It’s your last full day on the road and it’s going to be a 110-kilometre showstopper. Fuel up on breakfast – we’re revving off in search of a special Spanish secret, the Duratón Canyon Nature Reserve. This staggeringly beautiful park is well off the beaten track, complete with emerald forests and a glittering river that snakes through sheer cliffs and castles. A quick pitstop sees us investigate the ruins of an ancient monastery, the Ermita de San Frutos, which is characterised by griffon carvings with huge two-metre wingspans. Admire this picturesque corner of the canyon, with glorious panoramas all around. Come afternoon, we’ll arrive at Pedraza, a charming walled medieval town. It’s time to spruce up your helmet hair with a decadent dinner with your Pedraza pals, followed by a jaunt around tucked-away bars. As the moon climbs over the medieval hills, turn into your rustic hotel in the centre of the Old Town.Read more
Adios, retro Vespa
Sunday mornings are made for relaxing, so we’ll head out for a leisurely ride around Pedraza to polish off your Vespa venture. Take in the quaint village vibes and hazy rural scenery before we head back to the airport to catch your flight home. Please book your flights from 6pm onwards, to leave enough time for our final pootle. From zipping around sunflower plains and mountain gorges, to feasting on traditional dinners and staying in beautiful guesthouses in medieval hillside towns, this adventure has been one thick slice of enriching experience. You’ve unveiled a secret side of Spain far from the tourist hordes, make new friends with your fellow riders and mastered a brand new skill in the peaceful countryside – with local cheesecake, ancient views and friendly locals powering you along the way. We guarantee you’ll be looking to buy a Vespa from the moment you get back home…
For anyone who would like to do this awesome trip as a self-guided spin-around, please get in touch.Read more
- Fly into and out of Madrid International Airport (MAD).
- You do not need any previous Vespa experience to zoom off on this weekend adventure. However, you do need to have held a driving licence for three years and you must be able to ride a normal bicycle!
- If you don’t have a licence, you can still take part in the adventure – you’ll just ride pillion instead.
- We have included your Vespa insurance in the cost of your trip, so there are no sneaky hidden costs when you arrive. Give us a ring, email or live chat with us if you have any questions.
- If you are nervous about riding on a Vespa for the first time, please don’t hesitate to get in touch – we’re always happy to chat through any questions or concerns.
- If you are flying in for our Spain Vespa adventure, please make sure you are ready to be picked up at Madrid airport by 12pm on Day 1. On Day 4 you will be dropped off at Madrid airport at around 4pm so it is best to book a flight that leaves around 2 -3 hours later, or you can extend your stay and head to the beautiful capital for some more tapas.
- Please be aware that the itinerary, activities and hotels are subject to change. These changes can happen with little notice due to availability, poor weather, seasonal changes, or other circumstances beyond our control. From time to time we may also make changes to your itinerary to try out new ideas and keep things fresh.
- We take safety very seriously on Flash Pack adventures, click here to learn more.
- Embrace island life 7 days
- Ultimate wine time 3 days
- Kayak the waterfalls 5 days
- Hello, Arctic wonderland 4 days
- Canoeing and canyoning 4 days
- Laid-back lake life 4 days
- Colour and culture 13 days