- Prices between £1349 - £1399
- 4 days
3 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 3 dinners, including lunch at a Lappish kota
3 nights’ accommodation in a twin room lakeside lodge
All activities, from snowmobiles to cross-country skiing, included. Local Flash Pack guide and driver
Max 14 Flashpackers
Group airport transfers on Day 1 and Day 4, country travel in private minibus
Aurora Domes, Lake Torassieppi (optional upgrade)
Sleep in igloo-shaped pods under the Northern Lights
These brilliant insulated domes, perched on the edge of frozen Lake Torassieppi, come with log fires, cosy beds, rugs and plenty of blankets.
Why we stay here
An unrivalled Northern Lights experience – especially when you’re wrapped up in a blanket with a glass of prosecco in your hand.
Torassieppi Village, Muonio
Cosy cabin village in Pallas-Ylläs National Park
Huddle down in peaceful wooden chalets with log burners on the shores of Lake Torassieppi.
Why we stay here
This 19th Century farm complex is spectacularly located amid snow-clad fir trees and the frozen lake. We love the toasty saunas and the restaurant’s roaring log fire.
The Flash Pack Promise
Here at Flash Pack, we’re committed to unique adventures that deliver great value for money. We pack our trips with epic experiences (unlike other companies, all activities are included), hand-pick stylish hotels and match you with like-minded people.
Goodbye city heights, hello Northern Lights
Land in Kittilä airport by 5pm, where a transfer will whisk you to the Northern Lights of Torassieppi. Your home for the next few days is nestled on the edge of Lake Torassieppi, with dramatic views of the Pallas-Ylläs National Park. Boasting zero light pollution and the cleanest air in Europe, the location is quite spectacular and a million miles off the hustle of city life. Just to sweeten the deal, there are two lakeside saunas for you to wallow in, and the rustic restaurant comes with a roaring log fire. At 6pm, you’ll meet your guide and fellow Flashpackers for a delicious homemade dinner. Tuck into organic dishes prepared by local chefs, and cheers to the adventure ahead. As the night draws in, we’ll gather around a crackling campfire with hot drinks and marshmallows to toast. Keep your eyes peeled on the horizon to see if the ethereal Northern Lights work their magic…Read more
Husky safaris and cross-country skiing
After a hearty breakfast, we’ll explore the pristine snow-laden landscape with a cross-country skiing session. After a quick lesson, you’re free to test your newfound skills on a scenic route of well-maintained tracks. Then, we’ll replenish ourselves with a warming lunch by the roaring fire of a traditional Lappish kota. Be sure to fuel up, then get set for some serious cuteness this morning as we visit a husky farm, where there may even be some husky puppies to cuddle if you’re lucky. We’ll then get to see these lovely Siberian dogs in action on a dazzling nine-kilometre husky safari. A highlight of the trip for many of our Flashpackers, enjoy slicing through the trees pulled by dashing huskies as you steer them through the magical landscape. Come evening, another sumptuous dinner beckons before we head out into our winter playground on a fleet of snowmobiles. Rev up your engine and blaze across the endless white tundra by night, in search of those dazzling Northern Lights.Read more
Reindeer rides and a soothing spa
After breakfast, we’ll help you realise a childhood fantasy just a few minutes down the road, at the local reindeer farm. Jump aboard for a magical reindeer sled ride amid snow-clad pine trees and a vast snowy horizon. Afterwards, you’ll be able to chat to the herders about their lives and explore a Lappish manor house. We’ll then head to the restaurant for a hearty lunch. Feeling full and relaxed, we’ll then kick back at an arctic spa where you can unwind amid the steamy warmth of a traditional Finnish sauna. Feeling brave? Go from one extreme to another, with a bracing ice swim. We’ll then gather for a farewell dinner. Feast upon hearty Finnish dishes in the warm glow of the restaurant, savouring your last night of cosy escapism.
Note: To squeeze every last minute out of those glorious Northern Lights, we offer the option of upgrading to an Aurora Dome* on your last night, where you can sleep beneath the greenish Arctic skies with a glass of Prosecco in hand. These are chalet-style pods that keep in all the heat, while offering a front-row seat to the skies. You have comfy beds, a wood-burning stove, and spectacular views of the frozen Lake Torassieppi. Speak to our team to find out more.Read more
Farewell, Finnish snowscape
After breakfast, it’s time to bid farewell to this enchanting land of snow and breathe in your last few lung-fulls of the cleanest air in Europe. Your transfer awaits to take you to the airport, where you can fly home warmed by the thrills of your immersive Finnish escape. You’ve conquered an icy wilderness on a convoy of huskies, and blazed across the horizon on a snowmobile safari beneath the Northern Lights. You’ve mastered the art of cross-country skiing and practised your skills on the vast snowy landscape. You’ve jumped aboard a reindeer ride and had lunch by the firelight of a Lappish kota. You’ve dined on hearty Finnish cuisine and got your chill on in steamy lakeside saunas. All this, with a magical wintry horizon and like-minded solo travellers thrown into the mix. We wouldn’t blame you if you grabbed one of your newfound husky pals and sledded off into the horizon forever more…Read more
- Fly into and out of Kittilä Airport. If you can, arrive before 4pm in time for your welcome meeting (although we would still arrange an airport transfer for you any time you arrive). You can depart anytime at the end of the trip.
- Finding flights for this northwards voyage to the Arctic Circle can be a little difficult. Please let us know if you are struggling and we will do our very best to help.
- You need to have a driving licence from your home country in order to drive a snowmobile. Otherwise, you can still take part but you’ll need to ride pillion.
- Please be aware that the Northern Lights are weather-dependent and not guaranteed to appear on every trip
- For December dates of this trip, we will be staying in the cosy cabins of Hotel Jeris instead of Torassieppi Village
- Please be aware that the itinerary, activities and hotels are subject to change. These changes can happen with little notice due to availability, poor weather, seasonal changes, or other circumstances beyond our control. From time to time we may also make changes to your itinerary to try out new ideas and keep things fresh.
- We take safety very seriously on Flash Pack adventures, click here to learn more.
- Twilight ice hikes 4 days
- Camp between trees 3 days
- Glaciers and geysers 4 days
- Skiing and snowmobiles 7 days
- Kayak the waterfalls 5 days
- Laid-back lake life 4 days