- Prices between £1749 - £1899
- 4 days
3 breakfasts, 3 dinners, including a 3-course welcome feast
3 nights’ accommodation in hotels, including a family-run Icelandic lodge
All activities, from snowmobile safari to glacial hiking, included. Local Flash Pack guide and driver
Max 14 Flashpackers
Shared airport pick-up and drop-off, country travel in private minibus
Hótel Lækur, Hella
Beautiful hotel in remote farmland with views of Hekla Volcano
The minimal décor of the ensuite rooms allows the views to do the talking: on a clear day, you can see the top of Mount Hekla’s still-active volcano.
Why we stay here
You’ll Instagram the hell out of this place: zero light pollution and an outdoor bath make for an unforgettable Northern Lights and stargazing experience.
The Flash Pack Promise
Here at Flash Pack, we’re committed to unique adventures that deliver great value for money. We pack our trips with epic experiences (unlike other companies, all activities are included), hand-pick stylish hotels and match you with like-minded people.
Hit the town in Reykjavík
Touch down in Reykjavík-Keflavík airport and let the fun begin. You’ll be given a ticket for an airport shuttle bus that will take you into the heart of the capital, just two minutes from your hotel. As darkness descends, we’ll head out to an Iceland gastro-pub for a three-course welcome dinner. Iceland’s foodie scene is on the cusp of a major step-change, with a new generation of chefs looking to jazz up ancient staples (think fish stew, meaty soups and thin Icelandic pancakes) with exciting flavours. Get to know your fellow adventurers as you tuck into a series of hearty Icelandic dishes. Then, if the Northern Lights are dazzling above, your guide will lead you down to the waterfront for the best views in Reykjavík. Afterwards, hit the great local bars along the high street and grab a taste of the city’s famed craft beer scene. Get set for the action-packed days ahead, with nothing but epic adventure on the horizon.Read more
Steamy geysers and a snowmobile safari
Get set to be wowed today by a whistle-stop trip to the Golden Circle, Iceland’s stunning trio of bucket-list sites. We kick off at Thingvellir National Park, one of the only places in the world where you can see tectonic plates above sea level. Next up, we visit Geyser Geothermal Area dotted with bubbling, multicoloured mud pools, spurting steam vents and hot and cold springs. A few minutes’ drive away is Gullfoss “Golden Falls” waterfall, where water thunders down into a canyon that looks even more spectacular when frozen. Then we’ll jump aboard super-jeeps and zoom up to the Langjökull glacier, before swapping to snowmobiles. Head off-piste on a thrilling snowmobile safari across the wintry wilderness, and if the weather is in our favour, we’ll stop to explore a magnificent ice cave. Then it’s back to our remote family-run lodge. Providing Mother Nature is on our side, sit back in the outdoor hot tub here, and watch the skies dance above you in a display of shimmering magic.Read more
Hike across a glacier
Get set for a day of exploring the stunning south coast of Iceland. Here you’ll find vast black lava beaches stretching as far as the eye can see, dramatic waterfalls and glacier tongues piercing the coastline. Not content with just admiring from afar, us intrepid Flashpackers will gear up for a glacier hike across the rugged beauty of Sólheimajökull. This ever-changing hub of ancient frozen water is an impressive sight to behold, with a maze of crevasses and jagged ridges to discover. Your experienced glacier guide will lead the way through the gigantic glacial canvas, showing off amazing ice formations and pointing out sinkholes to look out for. Traverse the crevasses and rims of this spectacular frozen outback before toasting your courage back at your cosy hotel, with a warming dinner and another chance to see the Northern Lights. That hot tub has your name on…Read more
Wallow in the Blue Lagoon
It’s your last day, Flashpackers, but before those holiday blues kick in, it’s time for a dip in Iceland’s Blue Lagoon, set in an 800-year-old lava field in the Reykjanes Peninsula. This unique spa features a huge basin filled with geothermal hot water reaching a balmy 35-40°C. Wallow in the milky-white water, which has been found to have healing qualities, and soothe your glacier-pumped muscles in the nearby waterfall. Afterwards, it’s time for your group transfer to the airport, or you can choose to be dropped off in Reykjavík centre. Either way, return to reality with your bucket list a little lighter. You’ve (hopefully) marvelled at the Northern Lights, and looked in awe upon Iceland’s extraordinary spurting geysers. You’ve revved up on a snowmobile across the icy wilderness and hiked a mighty glacier. You’ve bathed in the Blue Lagoon and hung out in a hot tub beneath the endless starry sky. Not bad for a long weekend’s work.Read more
- Fly into and out of Reykjavik-Keflavík International Airport.
- Try to arrive into Iceland before 5pm on Day 1 and make sure your flight home is after 5pm on Day 4, otherwise you may miss out on the Blue Lagoon experience.
- Northern Lights are visible from September to April but sightings are never guaranteed, you just have to hope Lady Luck is on your side.
- It is safe to assume you will experience all the different types of weather during your Iceland adventure so make sure you pack lots of layers.
- You need to have a driving licence from your home country in order to drive a snowmobile but if you don’t have one you can still take part in the experience by riding pillion: you just won’t be able to drive.
- Please be aware that the itinerary, activities and hotels are subject to change. These changes can happen with little notice due to availability, poor weather, seasonal changes, or other circumstances beyond our control. From time to time we may also make changes to your itinerary to try out new ideas and keep things fresh.
- We take safety very seriously on Flash Pack adventures, click here to learn more.
- Twilight ice hikes 4 days
- Hello, Arctic wonderland 4 days
- Skiing and snowmobiles 7 days
- Camp between trees 3 days
- Ziplining and canoes 4 days
- Kayak the waterfalls 5 days