- Prices between £599 - £599
- 3 days
2 breakfasts, 1 street food safari dinner
Unlimited booze on the harbour boat ride
2 nights’ accommodation in a central hotel
All activities, from coastal trek to café-hopping, included. Local Flash Pack guide
Max 14 Flashpackers
City Garden Hotel
Central hotel on the north shore of Hong Kong island
Upmarket rooms with free wifi, smartphones, satellite TV and impressive views across the city. You won’t run out of dining options thanks to the three onsite restaurants serving up reliably excellent Malaysian, Cantonese and European cuisine.
Why we stay here
Unwind from city life with a visit to the pool, hot tub and fitness centre.
The Flash Pack Promise
Here at Flash Pack, we’re committed to unique adventures that deliver great value for money. We pack our trips with epic experiences (unlike other companies, all activities are included), hand-pick stylish hotels and match you with like-minded people.
Eat your heart out
Welcome to Hong Kong! Make your own way to the city from the airport using the super-easy MTR metro. We’ll meet at 5pm for a street food safari; a chance to hunt down the city’s best-kept culinary secrets and see what makes the locals tick. We’ll begin in Wan Chai street market, where we’ll tuck into puffy egg waffles and try the sweet “milky tea” that is the staple of Hong Kong’s age-old café culture. Next, we’ll hop on an iconic double-decker tram to Central District for Cantonese clay pot rice cooked over a charcoal fire, with toppings such as pork ribs, black beans or salted fish. A quick stop for golden fried churros, then we’ll belly up at a dai pai dong, where your guide will help you order anything from wok-fried oysters to spiced curry fish balls from the Cantonese menu. Get the Tsing Tao beers in and toast to real Hong Kong.Read more
Urban hikes and city lights
Today we’ll take a ramble along the Dragon’s Back Trail, an 8.5-kilometre trek through bamboo groves and remote coastline on the southeast corner of Hong Kong Island. This beloved route meanders along a spinal ridge that emulates the shape of a dragon to Shek O Peninsula, where a 284 metre-high viewing platform looks out to the South China and nearby islands. When we’re done, take the MTR back to Central, or spend more time wandering the pretty fishing village of Shek O. We’ll regroup at the hotel in the early evening, and hop on over to Kowloon to amble around the waterfront Tsim Sha Tsui district, with its neon lights and mini-malls. Then it’s time to catch a boat around Hong Kong harbour and watch A Symphony of Lights, the city’s nightly laser show. See the skyline come alive with colourful illuminations in a quintessential Hong Kong experience, with unlimited on-board booze.Read more
Cheerio, land of plenty
After a whirlwind few days, it’s time to say farewell to your Flashpackers in this city of delights. If you’re staying on here for a bit, bounce on over to the Mid-Levels, where hip boutiques, antique stores and art galleries await. Hop aboard a traditional junk boat and sail to Stanley, with its picturesque beach, or take a ferry back to Kowloon to shop bargain designer good markets. Whatever you do next, let the charms of Hong Kong live strong within you after our short but sweet foray. We’ve sent out taste buds flying with a ream of Cantonese delicacies, and shrugged off the tourists in a land of dai pai dongs. We’ve savoured the pace of Central and Causeway Bay, before hitting the wilderness for a dragon-worthy trek of dazzling greenery. And we’ve sailed around Hong Kong harbour to watch the night sky come alive in a chorus of lights. Hong Kong, we salute you!Read more
- Fly into and out of Hong Kong International Airport (HKG).
- This is a great stopover adventure designed for anyone who wants to extend a business trip, break up a long-haul flight or top off another escape in the region.
- The plan on day 1 is for everyone to meet at the hotel at around 5pm, so please time your arrival before then.
- The Dragon’s Back trail takes around two and a half hours. Please bring sensible footwear and plenty of water – the climate is hot and humid.
- Please be aware that the itinerary, activities and hotels are subject to change. These changes can happen with little notice due to availability, poor weather, seasonal changes, or other circumstances beyond our control. From time to time we may also make changes to your itinerary to try out new ideas and keep things fresh.
- We take safety very seriously on Flash Pack adventures, click here to learn more.